Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Party at Picnic Creek 2015 - Sunday, July 12th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple people are bringing food (thanks Rob & Millie!), but yes I'm just providing the food. It's easier that way, less hit & miss.

She's having it catered by evidently several gourmands. I have heard it was "spanish" themed food, and since I am half spanish (the half with the stomach and taste buds, I guess) it sounds good to me. I believe that means California Mex.

As a vegetarian who just likes plain food, I am only bringing a few servings, 50 or so, of a great cheese enchilada casserole that you all better not eat all up until after I have had a share!!!!! Since I understand I am in charge of who gets into the party, this is no idle threat.

I plan to have my drone taking footage, so any food theft will be recorded.

Oughta be a fantastic finish to a great weekend!! :smile:

Rob -- and Milli

She's having it catered by evidently several gourmands. I have heard it was "spanish" themed food, and since I am half spanish (the half with the stomach and taste buds, I guess) it sounds good to me. I believe that means California Mex.

As a vegetarian who just likes plain food, I am only bringing a few servings, 50 or so, of a great cheese enchilada casserole that you all better not eat all up until after I have had a share!!!!! Since I understand I am in charge of who gets into the party, this is no idle threat.

I plan to have my drone taking footage, so any food theft will be recorded.

Oughta be a fantastic finish to a great weekend!! :smile:

Rob -- and Milli

:)

Two caterers. One for carnivores & found a really great vegan/vegetarian who has some outstanding food. Enough that I considered just going 100% that way, but then thought 'too soon'.

There was, also fabulous. But no more. :crying:

This needs to be restated: I just emailed Bonnie, since I don't look at the party website.

The party has been canceled.

Don't know what we can stir up in a few days, but her 94 year old mother sound like is/was having serious trouble and Bonnie is going for a week, no party.

From my auto return email:

"A Message from Bonnie Norman:

"A few of you may have noticed that I've been much quieter on the forum these last few days. I've been dealing with a family situation that as of this morning, necessitates flying out this weekend and will be out for at least a week.

"I'll be refunding all fees this morning, and while the catering/band deposits are nonrefundable, I've been assured they will apply it towards a future event. So not really lost.

"I know some of you have arranged your trip around this and I am truly sorry. My adoptive mom is 94, I'm her only child .. and I'll leave it at that. Paul Carter has offered to put together some type of Sunday get-together.

"Apologies to all. Next year, same place, same time. (Or maybe when I take delivery on the X?)"

I don't know Paul Carter, neither am I familiar with the "website". Anyone have a link to either?

Thanks all for the messages re my mom. I'm sure things will be fine, but she is 94. Nuff said.

Everyone should have now received notification from PayPal that their $ has been refunded. I've verified against the list, but if someone thinks it didn't come thru, please let me know so I can follow up.

Really sorry that 1) I won't be seeing a bunch of old friends, and 2) won't be meeting a bunch of you face to face for the first time. Will check back in over the weekend. Have fun at TMC Connect. There are some good speakers showing up...

How do we RSVP, and get address?

Doug needs us to give him complete info tomorrow morning and he will make an announcement.
We will give out the address then & figure if we need to do an RSVP for quantities or if people want to chip in or bring something.
'taco party' is what we were thinking based on the short notice. we usually cater our own parties up to 150 people or so but this is way to quick to cook for that

Doug needs us to give him complete info tomorrow morning and he will make an announcement.
We will give out the address then & figure if we need to do an RSVP for quantities or if people want to chip in or bring something.
'taco party' is what we were thinking based on the short notice. we usually cater our own parties up to 150 people or so but this is way to quick to cook for that

I have things going Saturday and Sunday AM, but would really like to drop by for an hour or so, or so, or so. I don't plan to eat, don't drink, just want to see some Teslas and owners, and pick up some gossip from the Connect-ion.

I assume we can charge at Mountain View? And the actual address I will need. I will be happy to donate to the cause.

Milli and I are feeling left out since Bonnie had to leave us.

Rob