Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Party at Picnic Creek - 2016 - Sunday, July 31st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so totally there. I'll bring both my crawfish traps. I hope you have a big pot bonnie.

I'll warn them. :)
LOL. He seemed very serious about this when he came along to the SEVA meeting in Seattle the other night. Thanks again Dr. EVS for rescuing and hosting the VEVA members. We had come to Seattle to face an Airbnb that was used as a big party house and it wasn't fit for living when we arrived. Poor owner. It was unreal to walk into such a beautiful home wreaked.

Can't wait to have my AutoPilot Dr. EVs with me.

Music update: Looks like we'll have the same band as before for during the day (which I know a lot of you enjoyed, since everyone stayed til late!). But a special treat looks like in store for the evening if you like Irish music ...

Kevin Burke, a world-renowned fiddler now based in the PNW (Ireland named him a national treasure & put him on postage stamp!) will likely be here that evening to put on a house concert. What's a house concert? Musicians are playing at private homes, in exchange the folks attending all donate a small amount towards the musician - 100% goes in their pocket. It's a great deal for everyone. A beautiful evening under the stars, enjoying really good music.

So if you sign up for the picnic when registration opens, consider staying for the evening to hear Kevin and his mates. He's phenomenal.

Here's a little about him, including video: Gradam Ceoil TG4 | Gradam Ceoil TG4 honours the musical heroes of the modern age

Last edited by a moderator:
Music update: Looks like we'll have the same band as before for during the day (which I know a lot of you enjoyed, since everyone stayed til late!). But a special treat looks like in store for the evening if you like Irish music ...

Kevin Burke, a world-renowned fiddler now based in the PNW (Ireland named him a national treasure & put him on postage stamp!) will likely be here that evening to put on a house concert. What's a house concert? Musicians are playing at private homes, in exchange the folks attending all donate a small amount towards the musician - 100% goes in their pocket. It's a great deal for everyone. A beautiful evening under the stars, enjoying really good music.

So if you sign up for the picnic when registration opens, consider staying for the evening to hear Kevin and his mates. He's phenomenal.

Careful, Bonnie, what if you out-draw the SoCal boy band lineup?:biggrin:

(You had me at Irish fiddle and hot tub, but after googling Mr Burke, I certainly will be there with your gracious permission).

Careful, Bonnie, what if you out-draw the SoCal boy band lineup?:biggrin:

Doubtful. While there will be plenty of Tesla people here, they'll be off-duty (meaning not talking about work). The conference lineup historically includes some Tesla folks you want to hear from. :)

Picnic registration will open sometime next month, with a local group playing throughout the day. There will be a separate 'recommended donation' (usually around $20) for Kevin and his band for the evening, 100% which goes to the band, under traditional house concert setup.

Ya know, I see a REAL PATTERN HERE! :(

How come every last one of these parties just happens to occur in mid-summer? The time when SOME OF US actually have to do real work? And like 3,600 miles away?

Pretty flippin' suspicious, I tell you.

image.jpeg
Hard to imagine a better place to spend some of our precious time together