Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pasadena/Los Angeles area 240 V + Tesla Charger Electrical Install Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received estimates from (3) electricians for the above. In my case the cable run will be approx 60ft from the main 100 Amp panel and will need to punch through (2) areas of stucco with the cable run through a crawl space (fortunately my crawl space has easy access with high clearance and no cable will need to be laid underground which makes things pretty straight forward). Would appreciate hearing from others in my area with roughly the same specifications to see what they paid along with any referrals (I appreciate it's hard to do an apples to apples comparison as every install has unique requirements but hopefully I can get in the ballpark). The (3) estimates I received were as follows:

60 AMP 2P 240V Tesla EV Charger

1. $ 875
2. $ 975
3. $1,675

Many thanks!

Seems inline with what we paid in OC: $725, only 6 feet from panel. That included permits.
What you paid seems quite competitive if it included permits (although permit process is probably less onerous in OC than it is in LA County). As far as I'm aware, where I live in Altadena (unincorporated LA County), a permit is not required for this and none of the estimates included pulling permits (they are all licensed electricians) .

100A panel can be questionable to begin with.
My original thoughts would be well above $1k, so my knee-jerk reaction is that the first two may be low-balling you.
I have worked with the first one before. Yes, your correct, a 100 Amp panel will be pushing it. Have looked at power requirements overall with the electrician and it should be able to handle the load. The main draw is will be the 5 ton AC condenser but that won't be running during times when the car is charging (only have the one 5 ton unit). If the circuit trips I'll have to go down the road of upgrading to a 200 amp panel (may also need to request more power from the utility provider). That will probably add another $1,500 to 2,000.

100A panel can be questionable to begin with.
My original thoughts would be well above $1k, so my knee-jerk reaction is that the first two may be low-balling you.
As I have a the Standard Range + unless something has changed recently, I believe that maximum power draw will only be 32 Amps so there should still be plenty of headroom on my 100 Amp panel . The Long-Range can draw 48 Amps

nm -- just reread. Does one include/exclude permits? Second the point about panel space. 100 amp doesn't give much room in a SoCal home, which I assume has a/c.

Our guy had to install a sub-panel off of our 100 amp.

Go with whoever has best recommendations.

First-time poster here, and exactly what I was looking for! I live in the South Bay and received two quotes from Telsa-approved electricians to install my Tesla Wall Connector. Details below.
  • 200amp panel
  • 90 foot run from panel to garage
  • 60amp breaker (sufficient for charging a P3D)
  • Permit pull included
  • $500 wall connector not included in the quotes below
Quote #1: $2,200
Quote #2: $1,750

I know that the distance from my panel to my garage is driving a lot of the cost but it still seems the quotes I've received are on the high end. I'm debating whether to use a non-Tesla approved licensed electrician instead.

Thanks!

Well, to be clear I meant what have people been able to attain at this new location with V3? I’ve had over 1000 mph charging and the Fremont location, wonder if this location can put that much in

First-time poster here, and exactly what I was looking for! I live in the South Bay and received two quotes from Telsa-approved electricians to install my Tesla Wall Connector. Details below.
  • 200amp panel
  • 90 foot run from panel to garage
  • 60amp breaker (sufficient for charging a P3D)
  • Permit pull included
  • $500 wall connector not included in the quotes below
Quote #1: $2,200
Quote #2: $1,750

I know that the distance from my panel to my garage is driving a lot of the cost but it still seems the quotes I've received are on the high end. I'm debating whether to use a non-Tesla approved licensed electrician instead.

Thanks!

I also obtained quotes from electricians on the Tesla list but found that they were at least 2x more expensive than a local licensed, bonded electrician. Adding a 60 amp circuit ain't rocket science and it extremely easy to do for any trained electrician. Just ask for a couple of references of EV installs that s/he has done and you are good to go.