TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

(Pasadena) Model S needed for shoot

Discussion in 'California' started by Tuckerse, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Tuckerse

Tuckerse New Member

Good evening everyone,

My name is Tucker, and I'm at the graduate film department at Art Center College of Design, the arts and car design school up in Pasadena.

We are working on a class project for a masters-level cinematography class. We are in need of a red Model S for a shoot on either June 19 or June 20 and we're hoping someone here could help us out! Here are the details:

- The shoot is being held on the Art Center campus. We would like to film the car in both an interior soundstage and an exterior lot on-campus, right next to the soundstage.
    - Other than moving the car from one location to the other (once), the car will be entirely stationary.
    - The school's insurance policy includes liability coverage.
    - The owner is welcome to stay on set all day. We'll treat you (and your car!) well.
    - While our budget is limited, we can definitely set aside something for compensation.

If you're interested in helping out, I can send you some documentation (insurance info, permits, lighting plans, etc.). Free feel to PM me and we'll talk.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. My colleagues and I are huge fans of Tesla, and we'd love the opportunity to light up and shoot a Model S.

2. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

Dark blue wouldn't work?

3. Tuckerse

Tuckerse New Member

Dark blue might, but I think we'd prefer the red. I'll send you a PM. Thank you!

Also, can't find the edit button for my first post, but the dates are either June 20 or June 21, not the 19th!

4. spentan

spentan Active Member

I have a red p85d, with grey 21s,

I'd be happy to come up and provide the car. I do have a few stonechips, etc tho, so might need a quick detail beforehand.

5. Tuckerse

Tuckerse New Member

Thanks Spentan; sending you a PM!

6. RetirementGift

Tucker

I have a Red P85D, delivered yesterday. So far no chips. 19" chrome wheels, pano roof, grey next gen interior. I'm in Ventura County, retired, and would not mind a ride into Pasadena. Can we link up?

7. Tuckerse

Tuckerse New Member

Sent you a PM, RetirementGift. Thanks!

8. Y2KBUG

Y2KBUG New Member

How did it go

9. spentan

spentan Active Member

Was great fun, I'll leave it to Tucker to post pics, mine weren't very professional.

Ok maybe one

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435086713.970225.jpg

10. glenhurst

glenhurst Member

That's a great pic! The car looks...alive, as if it's ready to pounce. Worthy of Tesla's Facebook page I'd say.