Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passed by Tesla factory this morning and saw lots of 3s being loaded onto carriers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, you lost me at "Fremont is not in an easily accessible place" The Factory is seriously on the frontage road of a major Freeway(880), and 680(the other major Freeway) also passes through Fremont, along with 84 which is the continuation of the road which crosses one of the bridges in the Bay Area.

Most of the times I used to drive through that area - it was a big long parking lot, and this was well over 20 years ago. We moved out of the south bay (Palo Alto +Menlo) in the late 90's because it was too congested.

This was long before Tesla was ever there - or Facebook and Google on the other side of the bridge. If you live there - you know, it may be close by to a lot of places, but getting there is another story.

You just don't drive a car carrier up to San Francisco any time of the day and expect to get there easily!

Sorry new to this forum. It sounds like Bay Area orders are last? I actually just ordered my car at the end of November. I spoke with a rep and they said my car should be ready in approximately 2 weeks. It sounds like there are some still waiting who ordered their car from October?? :O I would be so upset! That makes no sense!

i wasn't suggesting they drive the cars to the delivery centers in the immediate area, i just meant that the places on the peninsula and as far as walnut creek are 1-2h hours away. that's fundamentally different than driving 400-500miles. they can make multiple trips per day on short notice if need be.

regardless i was really talking about fremont; i am assuming that cars delivered there are some of the last to be shipped in the quarter.

i didn't say i agree with what tesla is doing, i'm just saying that profit (and elon musk's personal profit) come first. that's how our system works. i didn't invent it, i was just born here :D... either way i think we are in violent agreement.

anyway i am just caught up in this stuff - need a car near the end of next quarter, but also need the stickers in place before the end of next quarter. so i either buy some other PHEV (which i don't want) or some other EV, or i suffer the slings and arrows of being a bay area tesla customer now.

Yes, I understand. By living in the Bay Area, you forfeit the possibility of having a timely delivery like many people in the US do. First come, first served does not apply here.

I totally get it! The only reason I have a car is that I switched to a stealth that had been already built. If not, I'd be waiting out my 10/11 order just like you - why? Because I live in the Bay area.

This is the one quarter where EOQ happens to coincide with tons of people leaving town on some sort of trip or vacation. It's totally nuts to expect a major number of deliveries to be made in the last 2 weeks in December.

And, when I ordered, the time for delivery was still stated to be "2-3 weeks" - which I sure is the case with a lot of people here. The sad part about it is that 2-3 weeks was total BS. I'm sure Tesla knew then it would be 8+ weeks and shoved in with Christmas.

Moderator note: some posts removed because of personal attacks which are not allowed on TMC.

Arguing about how Tesla prioritizes vehicle deliveries, based on no actual knowledge of how Tesla does it, serves no purpose. This thread has been locked. It is not news that Tesla is producing huge numbers of cars and the parking areas at the factory are busy with cars being loaded on transporters. This has been happening every day for many months.

Status
Not open for further replies.