Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger A pillar speaker distorted

HowardTDuck

Mar 10, 2021
Columbus, OH
I have had my LR 2021 for about a month now. Just started noticing a distortion in the A pillar speaker on the passenger side. Only happens on certain songs (guessing the tone/frequency) and also noticed it on some podcasts. Messing with the speaker volume doesn't improve it. Reminds me of my cheap computer speakers if you turn the volume up too loud resulting in a vibration/distortion of sound.

Not sure if it is worth a visit to the SC. I can eliminate it if I turn off Immersive sound (which I believe turns off those speakers).

Just curious if anyone else had this issue. Thanks!

leonar40

Jan 6, 2021
Bloomington, IN
You are correct, turning off immersive sound turns the A pillar speakers off, which is why it fixes that. That certainly is not normal, so make a service appointment. Should be covered under warranty.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC