Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger Airbag Icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else’s passenger airbag icon remain on their screen, even when there is no passenger or weight on the passenger seat?

Over the weekend, I received a SRS fault notification, and noticed that the airbag icon showed up on the right corner of the screen. It definitely was not like this before. Called Tesla mobile tech over, and he couldn’t find anything wrong. Then told me that the icon always being displayed is part of the new update. I asked two friends who also own Model X’s, and both of them don’t have the same icon being displayed when a passenger is not seated. Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• 04D7376F-E857-4633-AA2F-E8FC3721BC8A.jpeg
    04D7376F-E857-4633-AA2F-E8FC3721BC8A.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 979
Does anyone else’s passenger airbag icon remain on their screen, even when there is no passenger or weight on the passenger seat?

Over the weekend, I received a SRS fault notification, and noticed that the airbag icon showed up on the right corner of the screen. It definitely was not like this before. Called Tesla mobile tech over, and he couldn’t find anything wrong. Then told me that the icon always being displayed is part of the new update. I asked two friends who also own Model X’s, and both of them don’t have the same icon being displayed when a passenger is not seated. Anyone else have this issue?

My model 3 shows that same icon when the passenger seat is unoccupied.

The warning says that the airbag is disabled because it is not detecting anyone in the passenger seat. If the car is correct that no one is in the passenger seat that is what you would want the car to do.

It needs to show the warning because if there was somebody in the passenger seat but the car incorrectly thought the seat was unoccupied (and therefore disabled the airbag), that would be a big problem.

My model 3 shows that same icon when the passenger seat is unoccupied.

The warning says that the airbag is disabled because it is not detecting anyone in the passenger seat. If the car is correct that no one is in the passenger seat that is what you would want the car to do.

It needs to show the warning because if there was somebody in the passenger seat but the car incorrectly thought the seat was unoccupied (and therefore disabled the airbag), that would be a big problem.

Prior to this weekend, icon would disappear when the passenger seat is unoccupied. The two photos I shared of friends also do not have a permanent airbag icon showing if the passenger seat is unoccupied. So to answer your question, I think it’s supposed to disappear.

I’ve seen it come on my X before. I asked a tech because I was under the impression that it’s supposed to be displayed when no one is in the seat and turn off when somebody sits in it, and mine isn’t on all the time. I wanted to make sure my airbag was working right. I was told it is but still not sure about the indicator

If you tap the icon does it give you an option to turn it off manually in the event that you had say a heavy box sitting in the front seat or some such thing.? Just curious. I've never seen mine on constantly with the seat unoccupied it comes on of course as all warning lights do to prove out upon ignition then it goes out.

With the dumbing down of society though it's unlikely they give you an option to manually turn it off.

If you tap the icon does it give you an option to turn it off manually in the event that you had say a heavy box sitting in the front seat or some such thing.? Just curious. I've never seen mine on constantly with the seat unoccupied it comes on of course as all warning lights do to prove out upon ignition then it goes out.

With the dumbing down of society though it's unlikely they give you an option to manually turn it off.
Lemoned it.

Reactions: tccartier

Lemoned it over the SRS fault? How did it go? I too have that icon, says no passenger, but I don't know what the 2 is in reference to.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    598.5 KB · Views: 107