Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger Airbag OFF resolved

For anyone else with a similar problem, please read since it is a safety issue.

I am around 120 lbs and the airbag was almost always OFF for me in the passenger seat.

To make a long story short, Tesla had to replace the passenger seat with a new one from the seat factory. It had to be the exact right seat calibrated for the vehicle build.

I had to be quite persistent to get this done, but in the end I am happy and the airbag is now always ON for me.

SDKoala

M3LR RWD / MYLR
Apr 11, 2018
San Diego
We're having the same problem in our 2021 MY. It has only intermittently detects when my wife (~100 lbs) is sitting in the passenger seat. Can you elaborate on what you had to go through to get the seat replaced and how long it took? (Time to source the seat, time the car was actually in to do the replacement, what road blocks you encountered, etc.) I have a service appointment for this in a few weeks and would like to have some knowledge of the process ahead of time.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC