Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger airbag off

LukeT

Apr 9, 2019
UK
We turned off our passenger airbag once to stick a child in the front seat. Then turned it back on again.

Ever since then we have this icon (I don't think it's there all the time but it often is):

20191029_160939.jpg

In settings I have this:

20191029_161118.jpg

Is this right?

xdcthedoc

Sep 5, 2019
uk
The manual says the airbag only activates if a certain weight is on it.

This is to prevent it going off if a child is sitting there.

But you shouldn't rely on it... so turning it off before was the right thing to do.

So yeah.... if no adult sitting on the chair this should be OK I would think? but if someone sitting there... this alert should clear.

ewoodrick

Apr 13, 2018
Buford, GA
What if you hot the pretty looking button? Does it give you an option? Or left swipe where you see your odometers.
For the back seats, you don't have the menu setting, just the hit the indicator when it says that the belt is not buckled.

In the US, child seats aren't allowed in the front and you may be caught in a little bit of a internationalization bug.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC