TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Passenger airbag recall. Shouldn’t the dash be flush?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Tanquen, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Got the car back for busted front lower fore link and they replaced the passenger airbag and added some dirty had prints and scuff and it looks like the dash is not in all the way.

IMG_20190925_152003.jpg IMG_20190925_151954.jpg

2. PWlakewood

PWlakewood Active Member

Yup I would have them address that unless of course you can just press it back into place yourself.

3. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

If I had the manual and could see how it should go together I totally would. I don’t want to break some tabs off trying to force it. Like that whole back edge should slide in at an angle or something. ???

4. PWlakewood

PWlakewood Active Member

Have you tried to gently push on it?

5. aerodyne

aerodyne Active Member

I noticed the same problem just now after recent airbag and turn signal work. A gental push from inside the car on the front part of the dash is all it took. Two satisfying clicks, and it was in the proper position.

6. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Thanks will give it a try. They also put the side of the glovebox in wrong and scuffed the leather and put a little dent in the door. :(

IMG_20190925_134208_s.jpg IMG_20190925_134102_s.jpg IMG_20190925_134119_S.jpg IMG_20190925_134208_s.jpg

Why some tabs not work?

Attached Files: