Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger Door Alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my 100D about 2 weeks ago and I noticed that the passenger door makes a scraping/clunking sound when it is closing. In addition, where the door slides onto the latch has metal "shavings" on it. Has anyone else seen this? I took it to the SC this morning and they said it may have to go to a body shop for repair! Pretty sad that a 2 week old car already needs to go to a body shop...

My rear hatch seemed to have a loose hinge at about a month old. It looked fine at delivery, but started grinding on close and needed help to finish closing. Ended up severely misaligned, with the hatch hitting the right side of the car body. I left it closed and took it to the SvC. They had fun opening and shutting the hatch and showing 3 different techs what it was doing. Can't have helped the paint any, but it already had a chip from my last close I think.

It took about a week to repair, body shop and all. I would have thought Tesla probably could have fixed the hinge, it that was the problem, but the body shop also repainted the area where the hatch impacted. Looks perfect to me.