Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger door mirror following wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my car washed at a hand car wash, noticed after when reversing the passenger door mirror was way off and when in drive. Readjusted back to normal, however as soon as I put it in park and Easy Entry it was way off, then when reselecting my profile again it was way off. Tried both saved profiles in the car and again after readjusting they go to a different position, any idea how to reset or had this problem themselves?

The mirrors dip down when you are in reverse, are they just tilting down? There are in effect two memory positions which you can adjust, one for reverse and one for forward.
can you really store different parking position? I never knew that! I always assumed it just move down a certain amount from the driving position! I assume you just adjust it while in reverse then store do you?
dont think its gonna solve the OPs problem though.

The mirrors dip down when you are in reverse, are they just tilting down? There are in effect two memory positions which you can adjust, one for reverse and one for forward.
The passenger one tilts down when I go onto my profile like it is almost in reverse. I then change it to how it should be save it etc. But then when it goes into any other mode it's way off when it returns to the saved, below reverse almost! Will try and move the glass manually if it's been knocked?

The passenger one tilts down when I go onto my profile like it is almost in reverse. I then change it to how it should be save it etc. But then when it goes into any other mode it's way off when it returns to the saved, below reverse almost! Will try and move the glass manually if it's been knocked?
A full reboot (both buttons and hold the brake) might also be worth doing. If does seem odd as if the glass is misaligned then you adjust it, why does it then move again?

I assume you just adjust it while in reverse then store do you?
I'm sure this used to be the case, but doesn't seem to be anymore now I tried it on the drive. You can adjust when tilted, and press Save, but it resets after going into drive.

It’s funny you mention this. Twice after washing the car myself my passenger mirror dips down like I am in reverse. I don’t notice until I drive off. I adjust it to where I want and save it. But at some stage it resets back to normal and then the mirror is sticking up in the air. This changes all the profiles at once including easy entry when this happens which is strange. I don’t move the mirrors when washing. I just turn the auto fold option off whilst washing. Maybe doing this causes it to happen for some reason.

The glass was probably knocked. Just push the sides of the mirror glass lightly with your hands to manually adjust it back to your required position.
Was in a rush when I wrote this so to explain a bit further...

When I upgraded the mirror glass I clipped the new glass back into a position where the ring that the glass mounts on to was not pivoted centrally in the vertical axis. I adjusted the mirror electronically but then each time the car would go to reverse (and dip the mirror) the normal driving position would be too low.

Here's what it looks like behind the mirror glass, the circular mount pivots and is adjusted by the motors controlled by the electronic signal from the car display:

1623429105808.png

If this isn't straight. for example if it's had pressure applied during a car wash the electronic motor lose track of where centre is. The motor will keep trying to dip the glass when it's at maximum extent then over compensate when moved in the opposite direction.

I resolved this by manually moving the glass into the correct position for each profile/function (driving, easy entry, reverse) by pressing on the outer edges of the glass.