Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger door open alert when it’s closed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Updated last night to 2021.12.25.7 and on my way home this evening I started getting an alert that says passenger door open and it is closed. Now the windows rolled down about it inch and I can’t get it to go back it up and still get the alert. I tried rebooting and that did not help. I have a 2020 Model Y LR. Got it in June of 2020. Help someone, my service appointment says the 27th I can’t drive it with the constant beeping and the window down about 1 inch. Thanks so much forum friends.

I had a window problem after an update. But I think just one window. I did the window calibration and it fixed mine
model_y_owners_manual_north_america_en 2021.12.25.decrypted 15a.jpg

Thanks spokey for the response I have tried that and several othe things. I’m not getting window down alert but an open door alert. But yes my window is down below the weather stripping and won’t go up passed that point even with the above calibrating recommendatio.

Got up this morning went out to go to work and everything was back to normal. So it must be software related.
Possible, but I would not rule out an intermittent hardware problem.

As an example, there was a problem with the driver seat occupancy sensor on my Y, which resulted the car not locking when getting out (as it thought there was still someone in the drivers seat) about 50% of the time.

Bump having the same issue still trying to pinpoint what’s causing it. Seems to happen in heavy thunderstorms.

Always happens in a car wash, have to test weather hitting the door handle causes it, or just the top glass.

It’s really annoying sometimes it takes a good 30m of driving for it to come to its senses and the error and window to roll back up.

Looking to avoid a costly replacement, what would they fix at this point the whole door?