Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger door open from outside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I pickup my kids from school, they are unable to open the door from outside; unless the auto is in Park.

Is this by design? Is there a setting that needs to be changed that allows the doors to be opened while the car is stopped and the brake pedal is depressed.

I have verified that the “Child Lock” feature is not enabled.

Thanks for your help.

When I pickup my kids from school, they are unable to open the door from outside; unless the auto is in Park.

Is this by design? Is there a setting that needs to be changed that allows the doors to be opened while the car is stopped and the brake pedal is depressed.

I have verified that the “Child Lock” feature is not enabled.

Thanks for your help.
By design for safety, possibly Department of Transportation regulations in some countries.

Reactions: Mike_TV
this is odd. I have a PO Box (no delivery here). Obviously it goes in to park if I open the door. But if my wife is with me, I just get a warning & beeping when she opens the passenger door. She gets the mail and comes back, opens the door, warnings and beeps again but the door is never locked.

this is odd. I have a PO Box (no delivery here). Obviously it goes in to park if I open the door. But if my wife is with me, I just get a warning & beeping when she opens the passenger door. She gets the mail and comes back, opens the door, warnings and beeps again but the door is never locked.
The front doors are never "locked" from the inside. Rear doors are only locked from the inside if you have the child safety lock engaged. Even old dumb cars auto unlock when you pull on the interior door handle.

Keith

Use the verbal command: "Unlock Doors"
You must feel so technologically empowered not having to push the button on your keypad to unlock the door like every other car, you get to just say UNLOCK DOORS and why can't the criminal next to you say that? He can. He can also open the door while YOU are holding your cell phone because the car doesn't know who is holding the cell phone. It just feels the cell phone and lets ANYONE in. Now tell me that's wrong genius? I will give you all a thousand dollars right now publicly if you can confuse that?