Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger door unlock on approach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since one of the recent updates the trunk, passenger, and rear doors no longer unlock on approach. Is there a setting for this? It's kind of annoying especially when I want throw something in the back or in the trunk before I enter the car. Now I have to pull my phone out to unlock.

Since one of the recent updates the trunk, passenger, and rear doors no longer unlock on approach. Is there a setting for this? It's kind of annoying especially when I want throw something in the back or in the trunk before I enter the car. Now I have to pull my phone out to unlock.
It should have been in the release notes of the update you installed, but disable the below if you want all doors to unlock:
Controls > Locks > Driver Door Unlock Mode
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

I've had this same issue. I am absolutely annoyed. Please give the option to open all. Just the driver door takes me back to the 90's.

Reactions: wlmory52
Were you able to get all doors to open upon approach? Please let me know.
I never enabled that option so I never had an issue in the first place. The tip I gave however seemed to work for the other person in this thread. Basically check every single profile in the car and make sure Controls > Locks > Driver Door Unlock Mode is not enabled. You may also need to reboot your car if it was recently updated.

I don’t like having all doors unlock as I approach. Only my door unlocks and if I want other doors to unlock, once I open my door I press and hold my inner door latch. I believe lights will flash and a chime will sound when the passenger doors unlock.