Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger door window not functional

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm driving 2019 Model X with 11,000 miles. My passenger door window will not go all the way down, and when raising the window it goes to top, than backs down half way. No history of damage. I suspect the auto door closure is too hard and it derailed the window. I have appt with service to fix and they want $150.00!! Shouldn't that be a warranty item? They are also going to diagnose the 'black screen of death' problem that intermittently occurs (since my FSD commuter upgrade 2 months ago. ) Very unhappy.

There have been frequent concerns about service centers wanting payment for warranty items here and on reddit as of late. My impression (I don't have the experience) is that service centers now send out an estimate that you must agree to in case they determine the issue is not a warranty issue. Persons responding to those posts with estimates have stated that after you agree to the estimate, the service center will work on your vehicle, acknowledge that it is a warranty issue, and not charge you.

Reactions: E Dizzle