Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger footwell issues after service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pw877

Nov 18, 2020
Europe
After a recent service center visit where the footwell interior paneling was removed, the passenger footwell light isn't working anymore (and is instead really faint red) and the round rubber bit at the end of the foot well seems scratched and rotated. (See images below of my M3 DM LR Aug 2020 build.)

Can you please share how your foot well looks (and the model / build month) in this thread before I take it back to the service center? Thanks!

The reason why I brought the car in (if you're interested) is outlined below.

photo-2020-11-18-19-25-38.jpg

photo-2020-11-18-19-25-44.jpg

Background
My brand new Model 3 DM LR had an issue since delivery: it would frequently start with a dark screen after unlock, where a steering wheel reset (or three) would be necessary to get the screen to work.

A remote diagnosis of the unit indicated that the modem was stuck in a reboot cycle and that it would need to be reflashed. I brought the car in today for the reflash and the interior paneling around the glovebox (passenger footwell) had to be removed to physically access the modem.

The team reflashed it the modem and made it clear that one of the next updates will counteract the modem to get stuck in a reboot cycle again, which apparently was a known issue.

Assuming that the driver side still works, I would swap them out to see if it is simply a bad light or if they did not seat the connector properly. That red glow is probably not coming from light, but coming from one of the computer modules (I have a SR+ and I have faint red glow).