Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger lumbar support missing from new MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are really just making it easier and easier for me to put off my current MY order on an indefinite hold (if I can pull that off) or outright cancellation. Between this, no radar, and who knows what else by the time I actually see a MY, I'm fine not dropping $55K for a car that is objectively worse than what was advertised and what I test-drove. I can make do with my 2010 sedan for a couple more years while Tesla sorts their mess out, and competition from all the other EV entrants forces them to up their game.

So if we narrow it down over the last year or so the only positive additions were the rear tail lights and the heated steering wheel and just recently PPF at the rear wheel section. The rest have been things they removed or installed that are more annoying than anything else such as removal of regenerative braking selection, addition of UFO speaker noises and now the passenger lumber support? I am sure the list goes on.

Can't Tesla make us pay for delivery if we reject the car or cancel?
If you can cancel your order you lose the $100 order fee. You can reject the vehicle but not after you have driven it. If you reject the vehicle you are placed back in the order queue to be matched with a different vehicle.

If you inspect the vehicle from the outside and don't like the way the panels fit, paint defects, etc. you can reject it. Due to touchless delivery you may have a hard time inspecting the interior for things like a soiled headliner, missing or non functional dome lights, coat hooks, seat alignment of the rear seats, damaged interior plastic trim pieces. Tesla will usually attempt to fix or replace those parts. Tesla has not been good about replacing damaged steering wheel covers or seats and headrests after delivery. That is the biggest reason to inspect the interior prior to accepting delivery.

It was ok for you guys to buy a so call $55k car without heated steering wheel before? And its not ok now to buy it without the passenger lumber support you don't even use???
Honestly, Tesla didn't charge you extra when adding new stuffs, and shouldn't complain when it removes some features.
I think with heated steering wheels it's different. It's a new feature addition no one knew was coming. Now that it is standard then yes, it will be a probl.of they remove them.

I disagree that if they add things for free they can also take things away without notice. I wish I was that easy to please. But I think expecting certain standard features to remain consistent is a pretty reasonable expectation.

It was ok for you guys to buy a so call $55k car without heated steering wheel before? And its not ok now to buy it without the passenger lumber support you don't even use???
Honestly, Tesla didn't charge you extra when adding new stuffs, and shouldn't complain when it removes some features.
It’s always harder to take something away than if it was never there in the first place. This is just an example of under-delivering, not the first one, not the last one.
Car manufacturers have been adding features to their cars at no extra costs forever. By your logic, a $20k car shouldn’t have AC, power steering or even airbags.