Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger lumbar support missing from new MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E1D162EA-7092-47ED-BDB4-9C643B270F4F.jpeg

It is really disappointing that Tesla would remove the lumbar support. This is something that you would expect to find in a vehicle at this price. The seats were not great to begin with, so this will result in my cancelling my order. Surely the passenger deserves the same comfort as the driver
I took delivery this week and same thing, just a blank on the passenger side. Totally absurd at this price point

this thread is starting to get as repetitive as the lights one..
Well we could take the same position of many here who are dismissive of customers venting about these things "don't buy a Tesla". Well how about "don't read the thread"? These forums serve a purpose as does the venting. It makes it apparent how many people are unhappy about these issues. If you feel this threatens Tesla and Musk's reputations... then maybe they should try being honest and forthcoming with customers. Passenger lumbar was removed and customers were never notified. That is, simply put, grounds for civil action if anyone did wish to pursue it. It's also completely disrespectful to customers.

Maybe these threads will make their way to Musk and he'll actually give a you know what and address the issues. I doubt it personally.

• Funny
Reactions: DanDi58
Well we could take the same position of many here who are dismissive of customers venting about these things "don't buy a Tesla". Well how about "don't read the thread"? These forums serve a purpose as does the venting. It makes it apparent how many people are unhappy about these issues. If you feel this threatens Tesla and Musk's reputations... then maybe they should try being honest and forthcoming with customers. Passenger lumbar was removed and customers were never notified. That is, simply put, grounds for civil action if anyone did wish to pursue it. It's also completely disrespectful to customers.

Maybe these threads will make their way to Musk and he'll actually give a you know what and address the issues. I doubt it personally.
I can't stay away. It's like watching a train wreck in slo-mo - you can't look away, as much as you want to...... :p

Tesla stopped operating their own forums, why do you think they’d read these? If you want Elon to hear about something, tweet him. You can come here to vent but this is a place to find answers.

There is no question about the fact it was removed but no one here can fix that unless you buy seats from a wrecked Y but that’ll cost you a lot of money. You can either live with the fact that it is no longer available or you can not buy a Tesla (or pay $10k more for the feature in a used Y). The choice is yours and don’t expect sympathy for the choice you made as an informed adult. The “don’t read this post if you dont like the topic“ logic goes both ways. If you don’t want negative feedback, don’t post. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: DanDi58

You misunderstood what I meant... This thread became repetitive from the folks who didnt read the earlier posts at all and repeating questions like "is lumbar missing on driver side?What is missing?", or reposting the same elons tweet over and over again, or going through the same debate with the same points on why it was removed.

its like the lights thread where ppl are still asking "what does the new lights look like? do i have the new lights?what are the benefits?" When these questions have been answered a million times.

i, however, very much enjoy reading the venting parts of this thread, because each one of these posts is new info/new data point on how much tesla screwed up on this decision and it makes me feel better knowing others feel the same way i do in getting an inferior product.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Im actaully looking at adding the lumbar back in, I was talking to the parts people and, my vechile was built in the range were everything should be there. There is a date range on the parts and modules though its like may 6th to June something

Reactions: Velcade
This is what i want to avoid. I like auto dimming mirrors. I would feel very bad if I took delivery of a car without one, only to find out that they were putting it back into the car later. I dont want to accept the car next week, then in 2 months find out that they are churning out cars with lumbar support on both sides.

On a separate note:
This is not "continuous improvement" - this is a fluctuation of what is being offered as standard equipment. It's taking away something that was there, and is very different from the "i am going to hold out for the next cool NEW feature"
Tesla has a policy of constantly looking at things that can be improved or content changed to improve profitability. Chip shortages will obviously have them considering which ones can be eliminated to optimize production. Tesla has stated their data shows the passenger lumbar support is rarely used, so that was some low hanging fruit that could be eliminated and those chips used in other parts of their production. They do not want to hold up production and deliveries due to rarely used passenger lumbar support power adjusters.

Tesla has a policy of constantly looking at things that can be improved or content changed to improve profitability. Chip shortages will obviously have them considering which ones can be eliminated to optimize production. Tesla has stated their data shows the passenger lumbar support is rarely used, so that was some low hanging fruit that could be eliminated and those chips used in other parts of their production. They do not want to hold up production and deliveries due to rarely used passenger lumbar support power adjusters.
There are no chips in the lumbar