Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

passenger rear wheel is sticking out farther than driver side?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AC285D6E-1B3F-4194-89EC-8EA758DEFE18.jpeg

Attachments

• 84EFD3FF-2357-4411-96F6-E08853600BE7.jpeg
    84EFD3FF-2357-4411-96F6-E08853600BE7.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 0
I had this problem before on a brand new BMW M4, the rear subframe was shifted half an inch, all we had to do was loosen the bolts and shift the subframe a quarter of an inch… I bet you its the same problem… If the bolts are stretch I suggest replacing them.
Holy crap. This is really a thing?! I scheduled service request. Hopefully Tesla won’t brush me off.

The installer double checked the installation, and swapped the left and right wheel. No problem there.

Upvote 0
This is super common with the model 3. I believe that almost every single one has an offset shift due to rear subframe. I know that the companies that make custom wheels for the 3 are aware of it.

Ive seen more than a couple 3's (mine included) with a roughly 3-5mm shift in the rear subframe. Mine is off by 3mm. Noticed it when I changed wheels the second time. The second set of wheels I bought didn't have the pocket for the rotor lip. I put 5mm spacers on and it rubbed on the drivers side but not the passenger. I have a 5mm spacer on the passenger and a 3mm spacer on the drivers side now 🤣

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Upvote 0
This is super common with the model 3. I believe that almost every single one has an offset shift due to rear subframe. I know that the companies that make custom wheels for the 3 are aware of it.

Ive seen more than a couple 3's (mine included) with a roughly 3-5mm shift in the rear subframe. Mine is off by 3mm. Noticed it when I changed wheels the second time. The second set of wheels I bought didn't have the pocket for the rotor lip. I put 5mm spacers on and it rubbed on the drivers side but not the passenger. I have a 5mm spacer on the passenger and a 3mm spacer on the drivers side now 🤣
Damn. Now you're making me go out to my driveway with some calipers...

• Funny
Reactions: Phlier
Upvote 0

That's so weird. I guess I wouldn't notice with the aero wheels since mine are sunk in. I'll have to measure. Visually mine look fine

Upvote 0

Awesome! Now I can claim non-responsibility for all my curb rash episodes!

Upvote 0
Had the alignment shop double check and the spec is fine.

Dropped by a service center for software update. A Tesla employee casually pointed out my suspension upgrade and insisted it caused the issue.

Anyone gotten measurement of their rear wheels? My passenger rear pokes out ~5mm more than the driver side.

Upvote 0