Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger seat issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
A quickie, since I’m away from home: the passenger seat on my MS 2020 has today stopped moving forward. The other movements seem OK but pushing the fwd/back lever does nothing.
Hopefully it’s a loose connection or possibly a fuse but suggestions are welcome since the Mrs is getting shirty…..

Good question!
It’s very difficult to tell: once or twice there seemed to be a momentary very very faint noise almost like a hiss, most of the time - nothing.
It failed yesterday when Mrs Wol747 ran the seat back halfway and found it wouldn’t go forward but she could still go back. Then of course it went fully back and so it’s stuck there.

All fixed!
We were lucky that we were staying in Sydney for a few days when it happened, I went into the SC Thursday am, said we live 230Km away and could they look at it - they said around 1pm but we had an appointment at 6pm so they took us in at 0815 Friday and fixed it in 5 mins.
For information: the seat has two “stops” on horizontal travel, a soft one and a hard one. Apparently if the passenger keeps trying to get it a long way back it can jump the track or jam. Simple if you know!