Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger Side Airbag

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla 3 Gurus !
How do I re-set the passenger side airbag, since there is a message at the top right of the MCU altering me that is is "off" ? Do I really need to go to the dealer for this on/off control issue? My T 3 has less than 15K miles after 2 1/2 years of great driving!

Thanks
Alex

Why would you need the passenger side airbag to be on when no one is sitting there?

Well, in theory even if there is no one sitting in the passenger seat, deployment of the passenger side air bag(s) can benefit the driver (i.e. increase protection for the driver from flying debris, etc...) in some crash scenarios. Pretty sure we cannot manually enable passenger side air bags when there is no one sitting there, especially if that is how the car manufacturer has designed their safety system. However, for the reason I mentioned above, it may not be a bad idea for car manufacturers to always have passenger side air bags active.

Someone else who is more knowledgeable in this area can comment on why this would be a good or bad idea....

Tesla 3 Gurus !
How do I re-set the passenger side airbag, since there is a message at the top right of the MCU altering me that is is "off" ? Do I really need to go to the dealer for this on/off control issue? My T 3 has less than 15K miles after 2 1/2 years of great driving!

Thanks
Alex

Ifs off because no one is sitting in the seat, so there isnt anything you need to do to "turn it on". The only difference between now and when you got your car is that the display has changed a bit and its now easier to see the notice that its off with no one sitting there.

Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement Passenger Airbag Connectors that I can splice into the wire harness.
I am replacing the instrument panel with a new one with the passenger airbag module attached and the old one deployed and the connectors melted into the old deployed module. I am looking for new pigtail inflator connections that fit the module.