Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger side bumper has less paint / primer showing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
Was getting my car paint protected (full front clear bra) this morning and after an hour and car wash done I get a call saying the on the passenger side bumper there is clearly less paint, primer is showing and the black is coming through. I told him to stop and will have to show it to Tesla
That was the first car wash since I took delivery a week ago.
Not very happy. I knew the rear bumper looks a bit different also because paint on plastic is different than on metal, but front left side having less paint, I'm worried it was damaged and they didn't repaint it after repair.
Thoughts?
paint4.jpeg
paint3.jpeg
paint2.jpeg
paint1.jpeg

There are devices in the industry that measure paint thickness.

It might be color mismatch instead of thickness.

It could be a paint touch up after manufacturing, as in damage repair.

New car sales are generally allowed to catch and do minor paint touch up at point of delivery and would be considered and sold "as new".

There are devices in the industry that measure paint thickness.

It might be color mismatch instead of thickness.

It could be a paint touch up after manufacturing, as in damage repair.

New car sales are generally allowed to catch and do minor paint touch up at point of delivery and would be considered and sold "as new".

Thanks. The guy did say the primer and the "black" from under was showing through. Good to know new cars can be sold even if they had an accident before delivery.

Welcome to the "white bumpers don't match the car" club.

Right, but this is different as one side of the front (not rear) is not matching.