TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Passenger side leak..wet carpet..

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by untilcomplete, Aug 21, 2018.

1. untilcomplete

untilcomplete Member

So picked up last week. After some rains, discovered some water intrusion into the passenger side carpet. Lifted the floor mat up and pressed a dry tissue against the carpet which soaked up some water. Not very happy. We dealt with a leaking Ford Focus for 6 years and now Tesla :( Already had a service appointment setup for minor issues found during delivery so just gonna bring this up also. Will keep updated.

Attached Files:

2. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

Its from rolling down the window when its raining. I doubt its a leak in the seals. It also happens when you open the door quickly when its raining.
    Start carrying a towel

• Disagree x 5
  3. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

This happened to my buddy. Tesla was quick to fix it. He got a loaner for a few days and it was all taken care of.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. untilcomplete

untilcomplete Member

Opening the door caused water to leak through the floor mat and into the carpet? It's been sitting since we picked it up. This was the only time we opened the door..

5. favo

favo P3D+ owner

Any chance your door wasn't fully closed? The door seals tend to be on the stiff side (at least at first), requiring a good slam of the door. Or so I've been told.

6. untilcomplete

untilcomplete Member

Would you happen to know what the fix was?

7. untilcomplete

untilcomplete Member

Door definitely seemed closed. Got pictures of the window and seals (which was one if the reasons we we're bring it in for condensation) before we opened the door.

8. streetskooler

streetskooler Member

I had a similar issue with mine, it wasn’t as bad as yours though. Mine was the rear passenger and when I opened it up several days after it was raining a puddle of water dumped onto my garage floor. As far as I could tell the inside was dry so I wasn’t that upset. I already had a service center appointment for other issues so I added this to the list. They said they fixed it by rechecking all the door seals but it’s still not 100% right but as long as it’s not getting inside the car I don’t mind that much.

9. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

I believe it had something to do with the windshield, not the doors. He's in Mexico now so I can't ask. I went back through our message threads and I just see a message about a 100k car should leak 2 weeks after he got it, lol. It took 4 days and it hasn't happened since, which was about a year ago at this point.

• Like x 1