Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger side leak..wet carpet..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So picked up last week. After some rains, discovered some water intrusion into the passenger side carpet. Lifted the floor mat up and pressed a dry tissue against the carpet which soaked up some water. Not very happy. We dealt with a leaking Ford Focus for 6 years and now Tesla :( Already had a service appointment setup for minor issues found during delivery so just gonna bring this up also. Will keep updated.

Attachments

• download_20180821_152852.jpg
    download_20180821_152852.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 241
  • download_20180821_152901.jpg
    download_20180821_152901.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 150
I had a similar issue with mine, it wasn’t as bad as yours though. Mine was the rear passenger and when I opened it up several days after it was raining a puddle of water dumped onto my garage floor. As far as I could tell the inside was dry so I wasn’t that upset. I already had a service center appointment for other issues so I added this to the list. They said they fixed it by rechecking all the door seals but it’s still not 100% right but as long as it’s not getting inside the car I don’t mind that much.

Would you happen to know what the fix was?
I believe it had something to do with the windshield, not the doors. He's in Mexico now so I can't ask. I went back through our message threads and I just see a message about a 100k car should leak 2 weeks after he got it, lol. It took 4 days and it hasn't happened since, which was about a year ago at this point.

Reactions: untilcomplete