Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger side (maybe B pillar) rattle, drives me crazy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, here’s an update… brought the car down to Tesla for the drive unit replacement today. And they decided not to do it. I’m very frustrated! They said they could not duplicate the concern. Even though they did at the last service visit.

OK, this is may not the cause BUT have you checked to make sure it's not just the seat belt bumping against the B pillar? I had a rattle in my car that bothered me, then I realized it went away when I had someone in the passenger seat, wearing the seat belt. My solution has been to simply keep that seatbelt attached. The rattle has never come back.
Had the same problem on my newly-delivered Model 3. I stuck a piece of black adhesive felt to the back/side of the passenger seat where the seatbelt was hitting. You can also use the fuzzy half of those adhesive velcro strips. Easy to find at a hardware store.

Here to update everyone. Finally brought the car down to service for just this issue. They drove the car and weren’t able to replicate it… however when the tech inspected the car he was able to hear the noise from my video when moving the fender liner.

He applied felt to both front fender liners and the I have not heard the noise since. Hooray! This is the first time I’ve never had an open service ticket for my vehicle. 13k miles later!

Here to update everyone. Finally brought the car down to service for just this issue. They drove the car and weren’t able to replicate it… however when the tech inspected the car he was able to hear the noise from my video when moving the fender liner.

He applied felt to both front fender liners and the I have not heard the noise since. Hooray! This is the first time I’ve never had an open service ticket for my vehicle. 13k miles later!
Can you show where exactly felt was applied? Thanks a lot for the information!

Reactions: brianbcc