TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Passenger Side Mirror Won't Auto-tilt

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by FlyingCookie, Sep 16, 2017.

1. FlyingCookie

FlyingCookie Member

Hi Guys,

I just got a 2014 P85 last week, and after washing/polishing/detailing, the passenger side mirror doesn't appear to want to auto-tilt.

If I manually tilt it down, it'll go back to its home position when I go back to drive, but when I put it in reverse it goes down about 3 degrees and then stops. The drivers's side mirror appears to be fine. I can manually move the mirror just fine, however.

Is this a common issue, and does it usually require replacement of the mirror? The mirror does currently have a protective film (not sure what brand) on it, and i'd like to preserve it. Hoping this is a reasonably simple fix.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Try 1) Rebooting both screens
    2) Put it in reverse and while in reverse, move the mirror to where you want it to go permanently
    3) Put it in park
    4) Move the seat slightly and then back to where it was
    5) Click "Save" on the driver profile pop-up you got when moving the seat

Hopefully that lets it save the settings. If not, call the Service Center on Monday.

3. FlyingCookie

FlyingCookie Member

Thanks for the help... I'll definitely give the SC a call if also tweaking the seat doesn't work. Wouldn't surprise me (with my luck) to need a new mirror.