Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger Side Mirror Won't Auto-tilt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I just got a 2014 P85 last week, and after washing/polishing/detailing, the passenger side mirror doesn't appear to want to auto-tilt.

If I manually tilt it down, it'll go back to its home position when I go back to drive, but when I put it in reverse it goes down about 3 degrees and then stops. The drivers's side mirror appears to be fine. I can manually move the mirror just fine, however.

Is this a common issue, and does it usually require replacement of the mirror? The mirror does currently have a protective film (not sure what brand) on it, and i'd like to preserve it. Hoping this is a reasonably simple fix.

Try 1) Rebooting both screens
2) Put it in reverse and while in reverse, move the mirror to where you want it to go permanently
3) Put it in park
4) Move the seat slightly and then back to where it was
5) Click "Save" on the driver profile pop-up you got when moving the seat

Hopefully that lets it save the settings. If not, call the Service Center on Monday.

Try 1) Rebooting both screens
Did this
2) Put it in reverse and while in reverse, move the mirror to where you want it to go permanently
Did this
3) Put it in park
Did this
4) Move the seat slightly and then back to where it was
Didn't do this...
5) Click "Save" on the driver profile pop-up you got when moving the seat
I did this part, but not with moving the seat slightly.
Hopefully that lets it save the settings. If not, call the Service Center on Monday.

Thanks for the help... I'll definitely give the SC a call if also tweaking the seat doesn't work. Wouldn't surprise me (with my luck) to need a new mirror.