Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger side post peeling [protective film not removed by tesla before delivery]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a car that is not even 3 months old.

Attachments

• 101354E9-9110-443E-A894-C06976E89403.jpeg
    101354E9-9110-443E-A894-C06976E89403.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 354
  • 12E4B93E-7155-48CF-8D06-D2AF44539D30.jpeg
    12E4B93E-7155-48CF-8D06-D2AF44539D30.jpeg
    386 KB · Views: 228
  • Funny
Reactions: KenC and TBrownTX
I'd say that somebody at the factory forgot to remove the plastic protection film before it got mounted on the car. You can take the car in to service and they will just peel it off as best they can or you can do it yourself.

Is the other side the same?

For 50k the dealership can do it a d clean off the adhesive
There’s no adhesive. It’s just a plastic sticker for protection. Same stickers you get on your iPhone. You pay a lot for an iPhone as well. You should take it back to Apple and have those degenerates take that off for you also… :)

You’re making a huge mountain out of a little sticker.
just peel it off. :)

Reactions: MrSlippery
There’s no adhesive. It’s just a plastic sticker for protection. Same stickers you get on your iPhone. You pay a lot for an iPhone as well. You should take it back to Apple and have those degenerates take that off for you also… :)

You’re making a huge mountain out of a little sticker.
just peel it off. :)
There is in fact an adhesive.
Enough folks responded that they had the same thing happen to them that I went ahead and peeled them off. Windex took care of the adhesive.

There is in fact an adhesive.
Enough folks responded that they had the same thing happen to them that I went ahead and peeled them off. Windex took care of the adhesive.

I got an overnight loaner P3 a few months ago and there was some CRAZY gooey adhesive on the B-pillars. When my wife and I took the car out of the Tesla lot, we got some warning message that the cameras were offline and to clean the B pillar cameras. We pulled over and I tried to wipe with my shirt. There was soo much sticky goo... it was like someone had put duct tape on there for 5 weeks then peeled it off without heating up. The residue was impossible to wipe away with my shirt since it was just grabbing the lint from my shirt and making it worse.

When we got home, I took some Sprayway glass cleaner. Not a dent.

I then tried some goo gone. Nothing.

Ended up needing to put some acetone on a polishing cloth and orbital polished the damn thing for 5 minutes.

Like WTF is this adhesive crap, and why is it used on a thing that goes over a camera lens?

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Adhesive, really? Strange. Has anyone heard of adhesive used for film?
Mod needs to edit the subject of this thread. I thought there was an actually problem here when it was absolutely nothing interesting.

What’s next, “My 3 day old Tesla won’t drive and battery charge is at 0!”
Yeah, like that would never happen! My absolutely freshly delivered Tesla won't drive, and battery charge is at 0% SOC! Never! FUD!
IMG_0805 copy.jpg