Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger vent blows at odd angle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've recently had some warm weather in Northern VA, and my wife noticed that her dash air vent wasn't blowing from the center portion of the passenger dash. Instead, part seemed to be blowing from just behind the tablet screen, and another part of it was blowing close to the passenger door. I did my best to change the settings around in the interface, but couldn't improve the airflow. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some way to 'split' the air? Perhaps I did that inadvertently. Regardless the airflow I see represented on the screen for the passenger seat does not match what is actually coming from the vent(s).

What does the climate screen show. You can indeed "split" and "combine" the air with a pinch-and-zoom type finger pinch and spread motion. You can see the split airflow in the animation as shown in the user manual:
Take a look at the section "Adjusting the Front Vents" where it talks about splitting into mirrored air streams.

Reactions: NovaTech
What does the climate screen show. You can indeed "split" and "combine" the air with a pinch-and-zoom type finger pinch and spread motion. You can see the split airflow in the animation as shown in the user manual:
Take a look at the section "Adjusting the Front Vents" where it talks about splitting into mirrored air streams.
Thanks - I did some pinching around on the screen, but didn't change anything apparently. I'll read up on this more.. Much appreciated. 👍

Giving this a bump rather than starting a new thread.. I'm taking my car in for its first repair appointment on Saturday morning. No matter how much I manipulate the on-screen controls for the air vents, I cannot get them to blow air directly at the front passenger seat. In the hot summer, it's been aggravating for my better half. Currently, it's blowing air at the rear of the touch screen or somewhere towards the right front window.
No cost repair of course, but hoping it can be fixed easily - without damaging other interior pieces.

If you tried to adjust and it doesn't blow directly, it's probably the internal louver is stuck or bad. They'll have to yank the dashboard apart to get to it.

I had some trim removed and replaced in MY so far and Tesla Service is pretty good at being careful with removal and replacement of that stuff.

Before you schedule a service appoint try rebooting the system. After one of the many 2022 updates I noticed that the dashboard vents were directing the airflow as far down as it would go. If the reboot does not help you could also try restoring the factory settings but that will probably cause you to lose all of the saved settings i.e, Wi-Fi, radio stations, Navigation favorites etc.

If you tried to adjust and it doesn't blow directly, it's probably the internal louver is stuck or bad. They'll have to yank the dashboard apart to get to it.

I had some trim removed and replaced in MY so far and Tesla Service is pretty good at being careful with removal and replacement of that stuff.

Yes, this is pretty much exactly what they did. It works fine now.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike_TV