Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger window fully down, car locked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the kids to school this morning and parked back in my drive. My M3 locked as I looked back to see it do so.

I then get a notification on my phone 15 mins later to say my passenger window is not fully closed. I went back to my car to find it fully open! Obviously it was raining so the inside of the car is nice and wet!

Anyone else had this happen? I can definitely say the window was closed when I left it. Think I might have to report it through the app.

It's happened to me a couple of times, always a rear window, though, and it's never been fully down. I think that, in my case, it may be just accidental. I found that it's possible for my arm/hand to inadvertently press one or more of the window controls when pressing the door open button and opening the door.

Since I've been making a conscious effort to not apply any pressure to the window switch area when opening the door, the problem's not recurred.

Reactions: SFBanks
I had this happen twice in quick succession pretty soon after the auto close on lock release was pushed and we had it enabled.

Once was front passenger washing the car (car would have been unlocked at the time so auto lock not relevant) but another was driving car after that wash and rear passenger found to be open. That was definitely an odd one as 30 minutes before I has been drying the car and window was definitely not open then.