Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger window not closing and seal issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for you all...my model y is not even a week old and I have noticed my passenger front won’t fully seal. Have taken it in once and they said they fixed it. Just needed to loosen up and be in the sun. Now I noticed this (see pic) as the seal seems to be quite loose. Like free as a bird loose. Any fixes? Hate taking it back there but for sure will call tomorrow.
21D6353A-7DEF-4FD3-AE27-A20947E873FC.jpeg

Attachments

• 941CE0C9-D676-4575-8F2E-146B95C3B6C2.jpeg
    941CE0C9-D676-4575-8F2E-146B95C3B6C2.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 208
Question for you all...my model y is not even a week old and I have noticed my passenger front won’t fully seal. Have taken it in once and they said they fixed it. Just needed to loosen up and be in the sun. Now I noticed this (see pic) as the seal seems to be quite loose. Like free as a bird loose. Any fixes? Hate taking it back there but for sure will call tomorrow. View attachment 650429
If you are not confident getting it back in place (or if it just seems to keep popping out) then definitely make an appointment and have it fixed. BTW, I believe mobile service can fix that for you too if that is an option where you are.

That's the weatherstripping for the door, and if not properly in place it can potentially allow water and air (wind noise) to leak into the cabin. So it's better to get it fixed before it rains again or you have to get the car washed.

With that having been said, the metal edge there is supposed to fit all the way into that "slot" you see in the rubber (the way it is around the rest of the door). It should be possible to slide it back in, and it should stay in place (theoretically). You will need to make sure the lip on the inner side slides into place between the interior column trim and metal edge.

But again, especially given it's only a week old, if it's not staying in place, it's just better to have them fix it correctly so you don't have issues later.