Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passengers complaining about seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new M3. I have back issues but it doesnt bother me in the car while I’m driving. However my entire family complains about back pain after driving in the car for an hour or so. They don’t have an issue in the toyota that costs half as much.

Is there anything that can be done or is this yet another thing I have to settle for by owning a Tesla?

TIA

Yeah. I don’t get this either. These seats are by far the most comfortable of any Car I’ve owned, with the C5 corvette being the only close equal. (I loved that drivers position). Theses seats are way better than my wife’s Lexus (a glorified Toyota)

Honest question, are the people complaining larger in physical dimension?

I only ask became the only person who has disliked the seats was the mother of a friend who is quite heavy. She HATED the seats and preferred the Lexus seats by a mile. The Lexus seats are flatter snd larger on the bottom...

What tire pressure you running?
I have a sensitive back but never a problem with model 3. But I did find Model 3 pretty harsh over bumps. Try lower pressure and just see if that changes the complaints.

Also make sure you are driving smooth. If you are hard accelerating it’s easier on the driver because they know when it’s coming and also have a wheel to hold. Passengers have neither.

Try Chill if you have try controlling yourself.

Watch your passengers. Are you tossing them around?

I got a few complaints when looking about the rear seats but they’ll be seldom used and only by the kids anyway (who don’t sit still and probably wouldn’t notice if they were sitting on a seat made out of pine boards once they get engrossed in their iPads). Fronts are every bit as good as I’ve had in Porsche, BMW and Mercedes. They’re excellent.

My only complaint is the headrest being too far forward. Not much, but enough to annoy
I couldn't agree more about the headrests being too far forward. It is possible to turn them around backwards. There is a little retainer clip on the driver's side metal bar of the headrests below where it goes into the seats. You can pry that clip to the side while pushing up on the headrest to remove the headrest. The M3 and MY are both the same in this regard. There is a Youtube video of a guy who took his headrests out and bent the bars. I wouldn't recommend that, but you could probably see the retaining clip I'm talking about from his video.

I couldn't agree more about the headrests being too far forward. It is possible to turn them around backwards. There is a little retainer clip on the driver's side metal bar of the headrests below where it goes into the seats. You can pry that clip to the side while pushing up on the headrest to remove the headrest. The M3 and MY are both the same in this regard. There is a Youtube video of a guy who took his headrests out and bent the bars. I wouldn't recommend that, but you could probably see the retaining clip I'm talking about from his video.
Isnt the base of the hesdrest formed to meet the seat at a specific angle? Any bend would make the fit appearance bother me.