Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passing power s60 vs s85 vs p85 etc?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree. I can tell a pretty significant difference between the 60 and 85 at higher speeds. I've noticed this with loaners I've received. It's like the 60 just runs out of juice while the 85 keeps pulling through.

I actually got a P85D loaner today and at low speeds, it is crazy faster than my 85, but for normal highway passing (really anything about 45 - 50 mph), I don't really feel much of a difference between the P85D and my S85. If anything it makes me feel better about not having a P85D. :) Now, that 0-60 is just INSANE!

There is no difference between the 60 and 85 running gear with the exception of the battery.

I appreciate educated and informed debate. Please share your thoughts. The 60 may be getting dissed unnecessarily and whatever the supporting points, would they be applicable to the now defunct 40 kWh Model S?

Love my 60. Can't tell difference to the 85. 85 p that is totally different however. Quicker supercharging however is certainly noticeable for the 85 battery and is superior for longer trips although for many people 60 is very sufficient.

I know that the 60+ topic has been largely debated but 60+ regardless of how you "stomp" the petal are all the same. I've taken my P85 matched speeds sith an S85 and the cars remained equal. I've done the same with a P85D. Now yes the take off completely different but at highway speeds already and they are the same. I had a long discussion with the service manager here in Seattle about this very thing and he confirmed that once you hit 60mph all MS are created equal...

when I did the test against the S85 I completely expected to walk away from him (and he is a TMC forum member but I won't call him out unless he wants to chime in) and I even more fully expected the D to run away from me...but it didn't happen.