Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passinger Airbag Off

BobChaput

May 10, 2016
Durango CO
I'm having an issue with the passenger airbag. My wife is approx. 100 lbs. The passenger airbag on/off notification (top rhs screen) goes on/off randomly. Has anyone else experienced this? I've checked with a Ranger and he told me that issues with the seat have to be checked by a Service Center which is 360 miles away.

My concern is that this a "false negative" such that the airbag system is actually armed but the indicator is faulty. Comments? Suggestions?

Jrzapata

Jun 24, 2018
Texas
I would be a little paranoid and take the 360 mile trip to get it checked. of course first giving them a call, maybe they send the tech to you

dsvick

Closed
Jun 10, 2016
NE Ohio
Our 110 pound Newf gives me the seat belt warning when he is sitting in the backseat, I would think that 100 pounds would be plenty to arm the airbags.

animorph

Apr 1, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Yes, we have had this same problem (just under 100 lbs). The Service Center thought they had fixed it (loose connector), but we've seen it once or twice after that. Haven't seen it for a couple of weeks now I think.

mc2002tii

Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2018
Maryland
Yes, same problem with my wife (just over 100 lbs), although mostly only when she has a back pillow behind her. Moving her weight an inch or so forward seems to mess up the weight detector.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC