Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passive entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have issues with the passive entry key fob at all? With the fob in my possession I find it hardly ever unlocks the car when I attempt the door handle. I'd say 5 tiles out of 10 maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope not one bit and I've taken to only having the fob on me quite often these days. There has been the rare occasion that there has been an ever so slight delay after I've pulled the handle, but thats it.

Perhaps try removing the fob and re-enrolling it to the car. Shouldn't fix it but you never know.

Also have you tried rebooting the car lately? Lots of these little gremlins can be fixed with a reboot I've found.

Reactions: Yachtsman
I use the phone only, but find it is sensitive to where the phone is on my person.

If holding phone never an issue, if phone in back pocket so signal passing through body can be hit and miss. May have to get phone out of pocket or swing round a little to give it a clearer view.

Could be similar for fob depending on where it is positioned?

Initially the phone entry worked great no matter where in my pocket the phone was. I now find I have to take my phone out of my pocket before I push the handle. It's been like this for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

I will try all the suggestions. I also have the fob in a metal key ring frame that I got from Amazon. Most of the fob is still uncovered, but I might try it out of the frame for a while to experiment.

Now that little bit of information may have bene helpful at the start. I would be willing to put money that this little bugger is the cause of your concern.

Strongly recommend the rubber ones from Abstract Ocean. They are fantastic.

Reactions: Wol747