Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Password issue still exists with IOS app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
When the last iOS app was released it introduced a bug where people with special characters in their passwords could no longer sign in. The workaround was to change your password to remove the special characters (sigh). I tested the app just now and it appears the bug still exists? Can anyone confirm what I'm seeing? I guess I'll go change my password...

When the last iOS app was released it introduced a bug where people with special characters in their passwords could no longer sign in. The workaround was to change your password to remove the special characters (sigh). I tested the app just now and it appears the bug still exists? Can anyone confirm what I'm seeing? I guess I'll go change my password...

Wasn't it the most recent app update that introduced this? In which case it would certainly still exist.

I confirmed with Ownership that this is, in fact, a bug introduced in the 1.1 version. Very frustrating, and certainly a head scratcher that such a fundamental flaw would be released to production. I had resigned to not use the app until it was fixed because I have a sufficiently strong password and do not want to change it now. But, as inconsequential as it may seem, having the app is really addictive and it's a great showcase for the car's tech when you're talking with people about the Model S. So, I'm back to using the 1.0 version. Google "iTunes revert to previous app version" and follow recommendations for your particular OS.

Last edited: