Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Password reset on web leaves App on iPhone unusable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was updating passwords today and went to www.Tesla.com to change my account password. The process went fine, but when I access the Tesla app on my iPhone 12 i get the following message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://auth.tesla.com/oauth2/v3/authorize?" on this server.

Reference #18.a6743217.1620573934.1107e716

IMG_505C73D4C2F9-1.jpeg

I have restarted the iPhone a number of times, cleared browsing data in both Chrome and Safari, Deleted and reinstalled the Tesla app 2 times. Nothing seems to resolve this issue.

Any ideas?

One aspect of access denied errors is IP address.
So if you have been trying to connect over Wifi at home, try shutting off wifi to force a connect over your cell phone network, or drive to a coffee shop/ etc and connect to their wifi network.

Seems to have resolved itself. But very odd that Tesla doesn't provide any FAQ or details about this issue. The server must update and sync out to the app at certain times during the day. I opened it about 5 or 6 hours after the issue occurred and was able to log in with the UN and new PW.