Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PAST EVENT: Meet-up Near the Ocala Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
I sent out an evite invitation to the membership announcing a meet-up near the Ocala Superchargers on December 6th.

The response has been surprisingly good for a December event.

Keith Mackey will be the local host.

Here's an excerpt of the invitation.

As you probably know the Ocala Supercharger Station is operational. We have decided to go ahead and plan a meet-up on a weekend. If Tesla eventually plans an event there we will try to organize another meet-up.

Club member Keith Mackey (aka KeithM) from Ocala, will greet you at nearby Mimi's Cafe to get acquainted with other members and to do lots of Tesla Talk!

PLEASE RSVP BY NOVEMBER 29TH

The meet-up lunch will be at Mimi's Cafe, a popular local eatery, located at 4414 SW College Rd, Ocala, FL 34474, at noon on December 6th.
The Ocala Superchargers are located in Mimi's parking lot.

If you are not a club member, but would like to become one and attend this event, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry Chanin
President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
[email protected]

Last edited:
We had a great turnout at our Ocala meet-up at Mimi's Cafe.

Ocala group.jpg

Here's some of the folks in attendance. A number had left before this photo was taken.

Ocala meet-up 1.jpg

Ocala meet-up 2.jpg

Ocala meet-up 3.jpg

Gregory, Cinthya, Gregory & Paulina

Ocala meet-up 4.jpg

Keith & Renda our local hosts. Keith is co-chair of our Central Region Events Committee and a local Ocala resident.

Ocala meet-up 6.jpg

Obviously an important discussion of club business between me and John-Edward. :wink:
Check out those great-looking club polo shirts.

Ocala meet-up 5.jpg

Keith (left) makes an announcement that Mimi's Cafe Manager Coleen (middle) will be offering 10% off the bill for any Tesla owner that shows the server his/her FOB.
Mimi's Cafe is a great place to stop while you are charging, and even if you're not charging. :biggrin: By the way, they open at 7:00am for breakfast.

If you are not a club member, but would like to become one, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

PS Much thanks to Steve (aka Lawsteve) for some of the photos.

Last edited:
Here's some local press coverage of our meet-up.

Tesla drivers get charge out of Ocala as Supercharger station opens

watermark.gif

Eleanor Hancock/Special to SB

Keith Mackey shows off the space under the hood and the perks of owning a Tesla Electric car in Ocala, FL on Wednesday December 31, 2014. Ocala has joined a handful of Florida cities having superchargers for Tesla electric vehicles. The motor is near the rear axle and is the size of a watermelon.

Larry

We had a great turnout at our Ocala meet-up at Mimi's Cafe.

View attachment 65736
Here's some of the folks in attendance. A number had left before this photo was taken.

View attachment 65738

View attachment 65739

View attachment 65740
Gregory, Cinthya, Gregory & Paulina

View attachment 65741
Keith & Renda our local hosts. Keith is co-chair of our Central Region Events Committee and a local Ocala resident.

View attachment 65742
Obviously an important discussion of club business between me and John-Edward. :wink:
Check out those great-looking club polo shirts.

View attachment 65743
Keith (left) makes an announcement that Mimi's Cafe Manager Coleen (middle) will be offering 10% off the bill for any Tesla owner that shows the server his/her FOB.
Mimi's Cafe is a great place to stop while you are charging, and even if you're not charging. :biggrin: By the way, they open at 7:00am for breakfast.

If you are not a club member, but would like to become one, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

PS Much thanks to Steve (aka Lawsteve) for some of the photos.

I was hoping that 10% discount would be an ongoing offer for Tesla drivers. Apparently it was just for the meet-up!.

Talk to the manager, Coleen. She definitely said that the discount was for Tesla owners that patronize Mimi's following the meet-up. They probably neglected to notify the wait staff of the discount.

Larry
Larry, Thanks for the update. I spoke with the manager on duty last night. Apparently Coleen did not pass the info to her. Hopefully, she will check with Coleen and get the word passed around.