Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Past Referral Awards gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My lootbox used to show a referral award for a kid's Model S. I was deciding between calling in and asking to switch to a Signature charger so I let it stew in the lootbox. Now I want to claim that kid's Model S but the lootbox has been cleared out. I also went to the Tesla Account section online to view the Past Referrals, but it kept spinning indefinitely. Calling into Tesla is an exercise in pulling teeth, and I pull teeth for a living. Anyone know how to access the old lootbox? Thanks

Hank's script might show the rewards from the prior periods. It fixes that page but not all awards show. But as mentioned, Tesla set a deadline to claim prizes months ago.
Thank you for your reply. Tesla never sent me a notification to claim it or else. I knew the referral program was ending, but I thought all past prizes are supposed to be available. The referral program has been resurrected. So one can surmise that the past "ending" announcement was to make us forfeit our unclaimed prizes? That's BS.

My lootbox used to show a referral award for a kid's Model S. I was deciding between calling in and asking to switch to a Signature charger so I let it stew in the lootbox. Now I want to claim that kid's Model S but the lootbox has been cleared out. I also went to the Tesla Account section online to view the Past Referrals, but it kept spinning indefinitely. Calling into Tesla is an exercise in pulling teeth, and I pull teeth for a living. Anyone know how to access the old lootbox? Thanks

There was a deadline to redeem the awards, some time in March maybe (i don't remember). If you redeemed by the deadline you should get the award eventually. I redeemed in December. I received the Tesla for Kids, and the signature WC, but still waiting for the wheels. I've read here it can take a year. But if you did not redeem by the deadline, I imagine you are out of luck. A number of reminder emails were sent out.

Reactions: jboy210
There was a deadline to redeem the awards, some time in March maybe (i don't remember). If you redeemed by the deadline you should get the award eventually. I redeemed in December. I received the Tesla for Kids, and the signature WC, but still waiting for the wheels. I've read here it can take a year. But if you did not redeem by the deadline, I imagine you are out of luck. A number of reminder emails were sent out.
Can you post an excerpt of a reminder email? I never received any and I would like to search for them using the exact terms used. Thanks

I picked Model X 22 inch wheels but never got an update to have them installed. Did I lose my prize?
The rewards usually take an EXTREMELY long time, in some cases even over a year!

But.. in the case of wheels they also take a long time to get, usually delivered to your nearest SC, and once they arrive the SC will actually bug you to come get them, since most SC dont have space.

So if you actually did choose the reward, its just a waiting game

Can you post an excerpt of a reminder email? I never received any and I would like to search for them using the exact terms used. Thanks

It was a general referral program message with guidance to go to Referral Program. In that page the following text was included. It is still there today.

Award Redemption
Award selections must be made by February 28, 2019. Awards will be fulfilled based on the timelines below once all eligible referral orders have been delivered. Contact [email protected] with any questions.

It is also possible it was a Notification from the Tesla app on my phone. Those are not stored after you look at them.

The rewards usually take an EXTREMELY long time, in some cases even over a year!

But.. in the case of wheels they also take a long time to get, usually delivered to your nearest SC, and once they arrive the SC will actually bug you to come get them, since most SC dont have space.

Thanks! That is reassuring. I picked the wheels on the final week the program was closing.

Clarification:
I did claim the Model S for kids award with Tesla and was sent a code in my loot box to redeem it with radioflyer. So technically I did claim the award, just not the redemption itself with a third party. I just needed access to my old loot box for the code.

Update:
I contacted Tesla referral awards department and was told that my code had been redeemed by an individual named Frantz (first name withheld by me). This person is not a Tesla owner and is unknown to me. Tesla did some more investigation then sent me a new code to redeem my Model S for kids.
I believe this was an inside job. A Tesla employee knew the referral program was ending and the old loot box to be removed, so they scoured through loot boxes to get at codes that have not yet been redeemed and sold them on. Tesla was defrauded out of $500 in my case. My worry was that my account contained financial data relating to my car purchases that could have been compromised as well. I hope that Tesla goes after that Frantz guy to find out more.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I've been waiting since 2016 for my rewards i claimed them all and send reminders every couple months. they just keep making excuses, this last time they offered me $100 for my signature jacket i told them that was a slap in the face. surely there is a case for a class action suit here?

when i was supposed to get a jacket, powerwall and a could other things.

Exactly my experience. A good 6 months after choosing the referral wheels I recently got a call out of the blue from our local SC asking me to pick them up or make an appointment to install. No chasing was required.

Reactions: Galve2000