Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pasta lost down side of seat. Write off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys. A while ago I ate pasta inside the car at an M&S petrol station near Stansted airport because my friend's flight was late and I'd already taken the wrong exit at the roundabout and had to paid a tenner just to go straight through Stansted pick up and I didn't want to do it again.

Anyway. It was the pasta that's the shape of a ribbon. And it fell down the side of the seat. I've since got those "side of seat" protectors that wedge in there but I often think about that small piece of pasta down there. And it bothers me.

Obvs Tesla, themselves, say the pasta is "within" spec but short of sending some sort of hungry animal down there does anyone have a good idea of a) where it is and b) how I might get it out.

• I called my local SC and the rep said 2022.16.0.2 addresses loose pasta artifacts.
  • If you perform a reset by holding down both buttons on your steering wheel, the car will eject any loose pasta lost under the carpets.
  • Loose pasta is in fact a feature, I drove BMWs for many years and none of them came with loose pasta.
  • Bjorn Nyland has tested various types of pasta and found that ribbon pasta is the most efficient in cold weather scenarios.
  • Loose pasta is solved by using jack pads.
  • CarFax offered me 65,000 units of ribbon pasta in return for my 2018 M3SR+.
  • Does anyone know what effects loose pasta has on my EDD?
  • I was very upset at the truck driver when I took delivery because he dropped pasta in my car and Tesla says I either have to accept the car and the pasta or go to the back of the queue.

OP, I assume you also thoroughly checked under the seat to see if the pasta did NOT fall into that hole you mention in your video? I’ve dropped coins, etc down the side and always had no problem visually spotting it and getting it out. Ultimately, that piece of pasta will just dry out and live wherever it landed, I wouldn’t worry.