Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pathetic TMC...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this thread after someone asked bro1999 to answer a question in another thread and someone else said he was banned. It looks like all of his posts were deleted. I remember him posting quite a bit in the Chevy Bolt thread. He was an early adopter and often defended it when he thought others had bad things to say about it.

I don't recall him saying anything that controversial, but he must have hit someone's third rail. Though I don't always remember people who can contribute good information and sometimes cross the line unless it's pretty extreme. (I do remember someone on another forum who could be very informative when sober, but a total jerk when drunk and you never knew what you were going to get from one day to the next.)
He crossed over from Bolt advocate/defender to Tesla/Elon denigrator more and more often in recent times.

Incidentally I was the one who recently asked him why he was here because of this behavior.

Incidentally I still see his content in that thread and elsewhere. It does not appear his posts were deleted. Got him blocked maybe?

• Informative
Reactions: jeffro01
I looked at his profile page and it reports he hasn't posted anything yet, though it reports all his likes, disagrees, and other feedback. I also scanned one thread and didn't see any of his posts so jumped to the erroneous conclusion they had been deleted.

I found this thread after someone asked bro1999 to answer a question in another thread and someone else said he was banned. It looks like all of his posts were deleted. I remember him posting quite a bit in the Chevy Bolt thread. He was an early adopter and often defended it when he thought others had bad things to say about it.

I don't recall him saying anything that controversial, but he must have hit someone's third rail. Though I don't always remember people who can contribute good information and sometimes cross the line unless it's pretty extreme. (I do remember someone on another forum who could be very informative when sober, but a total jerk when drunk and you never knew what you were going to get from one day to the next.)

His purposely antagonistic behavior had been a problem going back a long time.

I presented some examples in this post: Degradation of the Community..., and 2 moderators in that same thread stated that his behavior was either trolling or very close to it.

The pattern continues beyond TMC, as he was also banned, ironically, from the Facebook Chevy Bolt owner's club. You can read about it in his post on his blog, bro1999's blog: Charging your Bolt EV at a Tesla destination station? Yes, you can!, where he rants about the admins of that Facebook group being "commies" and so forth. Bro's conduct at TMC has been consistently reprehensible. He did more than enough to warrant being banned.

Reactions: EinSV