Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Paulsboro, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Supercharger- Paulsboro.jpg
    Supercharger- Paulsboro.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 267
Here are a few images of the Supercharger being installed. Its located in the Wawa right off of 295 which makes it ideal for anyone traveling on the highway.

Fun fact, this is also the only Wawa that has a CNG fueling station SJ Wawa is chain's first natural gas station

Attachments

• PaulsboroSupercharger1.jpg
    PaulsboroSupercharger1.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 172
  • PaulsboroSupercharger2.jpg
    PaulsboroSupercharger2.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 155
  • PaulsboroSupercharger3.jpg
    PaulsboroSupercharger3.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 165
Here are a few images of the Supercharger being installed. Its located in the Wawa right off of 295 which makes it ideal for anyone traveling on the highway.

Fun fact, this is also the only Wawa that has a CNG fueling station SJ Wawa is chain's first natural gas station
How about a photo of the CNG station? Much more more fun than using a Supercharger! Why are gas companies trying to come up with new petrol solutions when they know they’re already screwed?

Thanks for the pics. Did you happen to notice if the meter and transformer are installed? There looks to be a transformer in the pic but I can’t tell for sure.

Thanks for the pics. Did you happen to notice if the meter and transformer are installed? There looks to be a transformer in the pic but I can’t tell for sure.
I don't think it's there yet. If you zoom in and look carefully at @Gregparadee 's pictures, you can see an empty concrete pad with some grouped conduit sticking up out of it. I think the utility transformer is going to go there (area highlighted by red box in attached picture). The rest of the hardware--switchgear, autotransformers, and supercharger cabinets--looks to be on-site and already installed. The meter could already be there, just hiding behind the supercharger cabinets and next to the switchgear. But we'll need pictures from other angles to tell for sure.

Attachments

• PaulsboroSupercharger1_xformer location.jpg
    PaulsboroSupercharger1_xformer location.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: Shateam
Here are a few more pictures. There was a crew of people working on the charging stations today so it was harder to get close. I also grabbed a picture of the CNG station. It looks just like a gas pump. :rolleyes:

I'll run down again later tonight to see if I can get any closer. The good news is they appear to be working on this every day right now so it should be open within a few weeks.

Attachments

• PaulsboroCNG.JPG
    PaulsboroCNG.JPG
    541.5 KB · Views: 157
  • PaulsboroSupercharger4.JPG
    PaulsboroSupercharger4.JPG
    520.1 KB · Views: 174
  • PaulsboroSupercharger5.JPG
    PaulsboroSupercharger5.JPG
    511.7 KB · Views: 158
I've stopped by the other day and didn't see anyone working on it however it is still not appearing in the app (Philadelphia does now) and there are still come cones around the spaces. Anyone have any idea on how to confirm if one is officially open?
Officially open ones will be listed in the in-car navigation first and then a day or two later Tesla's website will be updated to show it is working. Unofficially open ones will have the "TESLA" on the superchargers lit up if they are of the traditional-style. For urban-style ones, I believe someone just has to test to see if they're on and report that they got charge. I don't know of any quick look ways to tell. Though I suppose you could listen to see if the utility transformer is humming or whether the meter is live to tell whether the electricity is on.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq