Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pay Final Lease Payment at Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doing an early lease termination on my 2019 M3 to switch to the 2022 MY.

Scheduled to take delivery of the MY on 1/11. Lease payment for the M3 is also due 1/11. Do I need to make this payment if the car is being returned before the next billing period starts?

No, you wouldn't need to pay anything after you return the leased vehicle. The amount due in your early termination quote is the last amount owed. Just be on the lookout for excess wear and tear/damage invoices from Tesla down the road from your lease.

Let’s be a little careful here. If you are saying your last regular lease payment is due on 1/11, then the car remains your property until 2/11, there is no need to turn it in early. If you turn it in on 1/11 you are still responsible for that final payment. This will be included in the early lease termination quote, which you or the dealer will obtain, and which you must pay. And as @Kairide noted, watch out for the exces wear and tear provisions. READ YOUR LEASE and take lots of good pictures.