Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pay Someone to Go Charge My Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever paid someone to take their car, go charge it, and then bring it back? How'd you go about it?

Here's the situation:

There's a place where we occasionally stop on road trips to charge. There's a good restaurant in this town, but it's not close to the charger. I can go to the charger, plug in, uber over to the restaurant, eat, uber back - but that has problems. The uber costs is not insignificant, if the charging finishes before my dinner than I'm hogging the charger and maybe getting idle fees.

The ideal solution, which my wife thinks is crazy, would be to meet someone at the restaurant, they go charge the car while I eat, and bring it back when it's ready. Voila. Probably cheaper to pay someone for an hour to do that than the 2 ubers, I don't have to wait around for the uber, and I'm not blocking the charger.

I considered taskrabbit, but they don't have this in the destination city.

Has anyone ever paid someone to take their car, go charge it, and then bring it back? How'd you go about it?

Here's the situation:

There's a place where we occasionally stop on road trips to charge. There's a good restaurant in this town, but it's not close to the charger. I can go to the charger, plug in, uber over to the restaurant, eat, uber back - but that has problems. The uber costs is not insignificant, if the charging finishes before my dinner than I'm hogging the charger and maybe getting idle fees.

The ideal solution, which my wife thinks is crazy, would be to meet someone at the restaurant, they go charge the car while I eat, and bring it back when it's ready. Voila. Probably cheaper to pay someone for an hour to do that than the 2 ubers, I don't have to wait around for the uber, and I'm not blocking the charger.

I considered taskrabbit, but they don't have this in the destination city.

I remember way back when there was a guy here that wanted to order 10 of them to do something similar i wonder if he ever did it