TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pay with Credit Card

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by BelfastEV, Sep 21, 2019.

1. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

can we pay with credit card ?

I’m just thinking there must be a way to earn some serious points or cash back etc opening up a new card and puting £30K+ on it ?

If so anyone got card ideas... anyone done this already ?

2. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

No, bank transfer only

• Like x 1
  3. dazzleh

dazzleh Member

The only way you can do this is using a service like BillHop, but the fee they charge really cancels out any benefit unless perhaps you're paying through a company and can see a gain in taking the points over the cash equivalent of the fees.

4. Rajanm1

Rajanm1 Member

Paid my deposit with amex and so got some points on that but final payment is bank transfer only.
    Also use a referral code to get 1000 free supercharging miles ;)
    Can pm you mine if you want it?

5. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

Would be nice but not possible.

6. mrobins64495

mrobins64495 Member

7. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

Why not possible if u transfer £30k to ur credit card balance then onto Tesla ?

8. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

You don’t get points/air miles for cash transfers

9. Rajanm1

Rajanm1 Member

Yes if you send an email to [email protected]

Have sent a link with my referral code :)

10. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

That didn't work for me. I received the reply "We are unable to allocate the referral link after the purchase date." I had not paid by that point and was waiting to hear about delivery.

11. Rajanm1

Rajanm1 Member

Depends how far along the process you are. If you've just ordered it should work but if you're getting allocated a vehicle then it's worth a try but probably too late.
    Others have done this recently after putting deposit down and got them added.

12. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

1,000 miles (which you have to have used up in 6 months) is 20-quid on at-home Off Peak electricity and £60 if you charge at Supercharger so whilst nice-to-have I don't reckon it will be worth going to the Supercharger and parking-up in order to get as a freebie (you'd be there over 6 hours all told ...)

But if you are going on a trip then what's not to like :) but trying to get them applied after you've placed the order can be hard work ...

13. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

Its not about the credit limit on your card, its the fact Tesla won't accept any other method of payment other than BACS or car trade in most likely to protect themselves from chargebacks and the fees involved in paying by this method.

The only way I could see is if you found a used car dealer that offered a car for sale where Tesla had matched the trade in price but I wouldn't want to take the risk....

14. Yev000

Yev000 Active Member

If you want to use the credit limit on your card you can try Revolut (o r some other online bank). You can topup with your credit card (counts as a purchase) and pay using bank transfer from Revolut

15. Rajanm1

Rajanm1 Member

I thought that revolut would count as a cash withdrawal and you'd get charged lots of extra fees?