Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paying by ACH early

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lets face it: will any seller in rush to deliver to somebody who already paid? What the point then to pay upfront? We often think that sellers like us: if I got the money I will deliver right away. Sellers are different animals. After receiving the money there is nothing pushes them to deliver really. So they will deliver at first to those who have to pay right after delivery. The ones who paid already can wait, especially if there is no delivery date in a contract.
Edit to add: I will bring cashier check to delivery.

Reactions: louisTM3
Lets face it: will any seller in rush to deliver to somebody who already paid? What the point then to pay upfront? We often think that sellers like us: if I got the money I will deliver right away. Sellers are different animals. After receiving the money there is nothing pushes them to deliver really. So they will deliver at first to those who have to pay right after delivery. The ones who paid already can wait, especially if there is no delivery date in a contract.
Edit to add: I will bring cashier check to delivery.

tesla has no incentive to hold onto your car any longer than they need to. Parking space for cars is limited. Tesla pays a $$$$$$$$ load of money to lease those parking lots for the model 3s.

Yes, also we can lose our driver licenses, insurance, registrations and many more. Oh, wait, I actually never lost anything like this yet. But you are right, there is a possibility.
Edited: BTW, if I lose cashier check it will take about 10 min to get another one in a closest branch.

Im just speaking hypothetically, but if you had delivery on a saturday/sunday your bank would likely be closed. Not trying to be difficult, just showing there are real advantages to paying before delivery as opposed to waiting until the last minute.

A piece of paper (check) is more likely to be lost than a drivers license which is usually secured in your wallet and a lot of people have insurance on their phone and tesla would have already required you to upload the card online.

Im just speaking hypothetically, but if you had delivery on a saturday/sunday your bank would likely be closed. Not trying to be difficult, just showing there are real advantages to paying before delivery as opposed to waiting until the last minute.

A piece of paper (check) is more likely to be lost than a drivers license which is usually secured in your wallet and a lot of people have insurance on their phone and tesla would have already required you to upload the card online.
Well, you are right that piece of paper is more likely to be lost than a drivers license. Talking about bank, I do not think I will wait for the weekend to make a cashier check... Paying in advance couple month ahead big money is not my habit. I prefer to get my interest, not to give it to someone else. From another site, for some people it is not a big money at all.

Well, you are right that piece of paper is more likely to be lost than a drivers license. Talking about bank, I do not think I will wait for the weekend to make a cashier check... Paying in advance couple month ahead big money is not my habit. I prefer to get my interest, not to give it to someone else. From another site, for some people it is not a big money at all.

maybe not a month early, but a week early perhaps. My ACH payment option did not appear until the MVPA was produced, which was basically only 5 days before delivery.