Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paying for car without forking over my online banking creds?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are plenty of ways I'd be willing to pay, including cash on the barrelhead (since Tesla will not accept cash)....
Since when does Tesla not accept cash? I've paid for one of my new Teslas with cash on the barrelhead, or as it turned out, on the desk top. Cash is more secure than a bank check. Right on the bill (I'm looking at a twenty) it says "this bill is legal tender for all debts public and private", which means that cash is as good as money. Well, duh.

And I found that cash has the added benefit of entertainment value. It was a kick watching the Tesla guy sitting at his desk counting out the sheaves of bills my wifey had pulled from her purse (they never expect a hundred pound gramma to be carrying that much). And they never tried to do a credit check, either!

Since when does Tesla not accept cash? I've paid for one of my new Teslas with cash on the barrelhead, or as it turned out, on the desk top. Cash is more secure than a bank check. Right on the bill (I'm looking at a twenty) it says "this bill is legal tender for all debts public and private", which means that cash is as good as money. Well, duh.

And I found that cash has the added benefit of entertainment value. It was a kick watching the Tesla guy sitting at his desk counting out the sheaves of bills my wifey had pulled from her purse (they never expect a hundred pound gramma to be carrying that much). And they never tried to do a credit check, either!
SA told me they do not accept cash