Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paying from Multiple Bank Accounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pick up my car on Saturday (it's Thursday as I type), and have an outstanding balance of £37,990 to pay (the Tesla price minus my £13k trade in).

I can only send £25k a day from my bank, and I haven't yet received my final invoice, so can't make any payments yet.

Assuming I get my final invoice tomorrow, I could transfer £25k straight away, and then would pay the outstanding £12,990 on Saturday.

If the final invoice doesn't arrive tomorrow, I'll be a bit stuck. So, has anyone had experience of transferring the whole amount on a single day? Could I send £12,990 to another current account today, then on Saturday pay £25k from one current account, and £12,990 from the other?

I've been unable to get an email reply from Tesla in days, and I've phoned a dozen times today and never managed to speak to anybody. I appreciate they're doing things differently... but this has been a somewhat stressful experience so far, with the total lack of communication/service.

Try getting in touch with them via the online chat function on the webpage, that's how I got my final invoice generated, but this was 3 weeks in advance of collecting my car.
Tesla does specify they want the payment cleared 7 days before collecting your car so it's a bite late.... I'm sure they will accommodate once you get through to them.

Try getting in touch with them via the online chat function on the webpage, that's how I got my final invoice generated, but this was 3 weeks in advance of collecting my car.
Tesla does specify they want the payment cleared 7 days before collecting your car so it's a bite late.... I'm sure they will accommodate once you get through to them.
Do you know where I can find the chat function on the site?

Do you know where I can find the chat function on the site?
Usually when there is an agent free, there is a icon on the bottom right for you to click on (where the red circle is)

1638454092915.png

I would also speak to your bank, mine (Santander) had a special process I could go through to transfer the whole amount in one go, it involved having to receive a call from their security function separately etc. I moved £53K in one go, YOLO.