Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment: Finance + Downpayment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does any1 know if TESLA will take (2) separate payments on delivery day. I am financing on my own bank and also paying the down payment. I asked advisor they said just pay the down payment in advance and bring the check for the remaining balance. However, with reputation for excellent QC and Svc. I rather inspect and accept delivery before handing over $$$$$. Thanks all.

From what I've gathered, you don't pay the downpayment until you arrive in-person and have inspected your car. Then, you hand in the certified check with the paperwork. The first loan payment doesn't become due until around 30 days after delivery.

not totally accurate. you can pay in advance in the app and if you don't like the car/reject it your funds are not pulled from your account. ther app isnt setup to do multiple payments, so in the ops case, just bring two forms of payment -- certified checks, money orders. no credit card.

not totally accurate. you can pay in advance in the app and if you don't like the car/reject it your funds are not pulled from your account. ther app isnt setup to do multiple payments, so in the ops case, just bring two forms of payment -- certified checks, money orders. no credit card.
I have bank check for the financed portion. It's down payment, Will they take the payment by check or thru app on day of delivery after inspection. Thx.

using the "plaid" service in the app, you can attach your bank account. this is what i did. you can authorize the funds (tesla wont take it yet until you approve the car). they can take cashiers check in person or you can do it all through the app. congrats!

Reactions: mvp2ny
Does any1 know if TESLA will take (2) separate payments on delivery day. I am financing on my own bank and also paying the down payment. I asked advisor they said just pay the down payment in advance and bring the check for the remaining balance. However, with reputation for excellent QC and Svc. I rather inspect and accept delivery before handing over $$$$$. Thanks all.
You left off some $ signs. It should be $$$$$$.$$

Hello!

I’m slated to pick up my 22M3LR on Sunday. I’ve texted with the SC to confirm that brining my credit union certified check (loan) to pickup and then doing ACH for the down payment will work for them.

My question is, is there a way to set up my bank account in my Tesla account BEFORE going to pickup on Sunday, to minimize the possibility of any issues with that connectivity, for the ACH? When I go into my Tesla account on the web, it seems to want only one payment method, which is currently my credit card (for things like accessories).

Thanks!

Todd