Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment Method now on Tesla's My Tesla Page [Since Removed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no need for hinky poo-poo SC payment schemes.
If people want poo-poo, let them use ChaDeMos.
Even the "deluge" of Model 3s has been misconstrued.

Again:
97% of the SC network is congestion-free. The other 3% is generally fine as well.

Incorrect. :cool: We already have serious congestion and crowding issues at many SCs in California.
Two local superchargers have now implemented a valet service and formal queues to discourage abuse.
I am concerned what the future may bring once the Model 3 release is widespread ... 3X SC's will be needed :eek:

Reactions: Eclectic
Incorrect. :cool: We already have serious congestion and crowding issues at many SCs in California.
Two local superchargers have now implemented a valet service and formal queues to discourage abuse.
I am concerned what the future may bring once the Model 3 release is widespread ... 3X SC's will be needed :eek:
Why aren't people in Southern California charging at home?

Maybe I should start a new thread with my question.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZAKEEUS
Well luckily by next year they will have 2x superchargers, so it's feasible to expect that the year following they could grow the amount by another 30%

Well luckily by next year they will have 2x superchargers, so it's feasible to expect that the year following they could grow the amount by another 30%
Or they can/will improve vehicle distance that will keep people from having to stop so often.

Thinking forward - I would really hate to see a million red and white chargers all over the place - Like ICE gas stations.

After all where are we going to put all of the trees? Hey environmentalist !!!!! Speak UP !!!!

I thought maybe they were hacked so i didn't add my CC# especially since i had already put in my CC# for my down payment, I thought it was weird they were asking again.

its weird for them to store credit card numbers; its hard to do safely and adds unnecessary security obligations, such as pci compliance, maintaining encryption standards etc....

it's just easier to ask in demand unless there is a realistic expectation of recurring charges.

I'm waiting until they give me a compelling reason to store my CC#

So on the MyTesla page you can add a credit card to make future payments easier. I see the following code was also added. How does everyone interpret this? -

<!-- START supercharger block -->
<div class="container">
<section id="section-supercharger-payment" class="section-supercharger-payment dashboard-block ">
<header class="block-header">
<h1 class="section-title">Payment Method</h1>
<p class="section-description">Save your credit card to make future purchases easy.</p>
<p class="section-description hidden">
<a href="#" class="redirect-creditcard" data-section="history">View payment history</a>

Discovery by another forum member (bolding mine):

So on the MyTesla page you can add a credit card to make future payments easier. I see the following code was also added. How does everyone interpret this? -

<div class="container">
<section id="section-supercharger-payment" class="section-supercharger-payment dashboard-block ">
<p class="section-description">Save your credit card to make future purchases easy.</p>
<a href="#" class="redirect-creditcard" data-section="history">View payment history</a>

I guess its not all that hard to implement a credit card payment system (as some have been suggesting). i entered my card just to see what it would do, and the block is removed from your My Tesla page entirely after you enter a card. The info ends up in your My Account under "Payments". No more nuggets of info about supercharging though.

<div class="container">
I had to check this out for myself ..... Noooooo!

I want a one time payment or have it hidden in my options. I'd hope it's not a monthly subscription thing because I'd only use it a handful of times in a handful of months.

I had to check this out for myself ..... Noooooo!

I want a one time payment or have it hidden in my options. I'd hope it's not a monthly subscription thing because I'd only use it a handful of times in a handful of months.

You should want pay as you go if you are using them as they are intended to be used. There is no reason to pay the same flat rate as the Uber driver that is using it daily when you only need it for long trips.

Reactions: mblakele
True it would save a ton of money too, but it's a psychological thing... I like "free"
The problem is that so do a lot of people. Or worse, people who have "paid" for the super charger option and think they have to "get their money'so worth" and camp spots, common courtesy to other people who need to charge -often more urgently than the local looking to exploit the free electricity - be damned.

• Funny
Reactions: callmesam and ChadS
You should want pay as you go if you are using them as they are intended to be used. There is no reason to pay the same flat rate as the Uber driver that is using it daily when you only need it for long trips.

True it would save a ton of money too
It would depend on how often you take them and how long your trips are. I would assume there will be premium on the pay as you go option if for no other reason than the processing fee and increased need for customer service.

Screenshot

BKiZtYx.jpg

Tesla adds section for supercharger payments to users' MyTesla page

• Informative
Reactions: lklundin
My guess is $0.25 per minute as long as you are connected. Simple, easy to understand, and is still cheaper than gas which Elon has said Supercharging for Model 3 will be.

This is fine, except folks will be even more angry when they are throttled on a paired stall or for heat/mechanical issues as has been happening at various SoCal superchargers.